Copy/Reflect cells in Excel from one place to others, keeping the fill colour and values

jamesj711

I'm running an Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of football games for scores and performance, and then computes a range of probabilities based on poisson distribution and average goals scored.

Each game I quantify the score of each team based on 2 different time scales, I quantify using a colour (green, yellow, orange, red). I then enter the score into 2 of those cells. I don't mind doing this.

But then I take those 4 cells and have to copy them into 3 different pages. I'd love to automate this part, but haven't a clue about VBA or macros.

Maybe some pictures would help....

453138d1459180849-copy-reflect-cells-in-excel-from-one-place-to-others-keeping-the-fill-colour-and-values-screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-15.33.36.jpg

In this pic you can see the actual score of the game in column CC (Ipswich 0: Rotherham 1). The 4 Home/Away sections are goal scoring strengths based on different time scales ("season so far" & "50 games") and each time scale has values for games just at Home or Away and games at Home and Away. Don't concern yourself with the conditional formatting of those values, or my predictions which were completely wrong this time!

So I look at Ipswich:0 and see it's vales for each scale, giving me 0.22 (orange - 3rd highest), 0.19 (again orange), 0.19 (orange), 0.17 (orange). For Rotherham:1 it's yellow green yellow green.

453139d1459180870-copy-reflect-cells-in-excel-from-one-place-to-others-keeping-the-fill-colour-and-values-screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-15.34.08.jpg

So over on the Teams page I colour the 4 boxes for each team for that game accordingly, as you can see in the pic, and then I input the score for that game.

But then I have to copy those boxes to 3 other places, and this is what I'd like to automate.

Thanks for reading. Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back