Copy row from one worksheet to another based on cell value

nmccracken12

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hopefully someone can help me with this.. I have been googling for hours. I have a sheet named Master Import List. I would like to copy only certain cells from this sheet to another inside the workbook based on the cell value. Here is the layout.

Sheet 1 = Master Import List
Sheet 2 = Items to update

Cell Values - in column Z
Done = do not copy to Items to update sheet and if this item is on that sheet remove it. Hopefully that makes sense
Quote = Copy certain cells from Master Import List to Items to update and Highlight that row red. Delete from Items to Update sheet when value changed to DONE
Update = Copy certain cells from Master Import List to Items to update and Highlight that row yellow. Delete from Items to Update sheet when value changed to DONE

This is driving me crazy. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. At one point it worked, but only highlighting the first column and now it will not work at all. I am going to attach the entire file. Maybe you can make some sense of it. I am not going with VB so I am sure that is 1000% the issue. MadVines Master Pricing Database.xlsm

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I tried the latest file you posted and everything is working properly. When I select "Quote" in column BC of Master List, that row is copied to Items to Update and colored red from column A to column BC. When I select "Update" in column BC of Master List, that row is copied to Items to Update and colored yellow from column A to column BC. When I select "Done" in column BC of Items to Update, that row is deleted and column BC in the corresponding row in Master List is changed to "Done".

Both macros have this line of code:
VBA Code:
Application.EnableEvents = False
which in effect prevents the macro from entering an infinite loop. If the macro is interrupted before executing this line of code:
VBA Code:
Application.EnableEvents = True
, the macros will remain disabled and will not run.

If you interrupted the macro or an error message came up that prevented the macro from executing completely, then the macros will not run. You can close Excel, re-open the file and try again. See if this works for you.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back