Copy rows from one worksheet into another worksheet leaving a blank row in between

mcraven1971

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a quick way to resolve an age old issue I have. I currently have a workbook with 3 worksheets in it. The first worksheet is the reporting sheet, the second is before data, and the last is after data. On the reporting sheet, cell A1 is equal to cell A2 in the before data, cell A2 on the reporting sheet is equal to cell A2 in the after data sheet, cell A3 on the reporting sheet is equal to cell A3 on the before sheet, cell A4 on the reporting sheet is equal to cell A3 on the after sheet, and so on. There are well over 500 rows on the reporting sheet and if I simply highlight multiple cells on the reporting sheet and drag down, it does not work and I have to manually change the formulas in each cell. Is there a solution to my issue or am I stuck with the mind numbing task of changing them individually?

(Report Cell A1)='Raw Data Before'!A2
(Report Cell A2)='Raw Data After'!A2
(Report Cell A3)='Raw Data Before'!A3
(Report Cell A4)='Raw Data After'!A3
etc.
etc.
etc.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

Mark

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
if you accept a macro attach a link to a sample file with current sheets and desired result

Upvote 0
I'm confused, too many data, please provide a sample with 20 rows, current situation in a sheet, desired situation in other sheet.

Upvote 0
I think I got it. I used UltraEdit to change all of the cells at the end of the formulas. It seems to have worked just fine. I was looking for a solution in Excel but I'll just keep messing with it in my free time. I'm sure there's something that I am missing. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back