Copy Rows to New Sheet if Cell Contains but to Next Blank Row

rich100

I have 100 rows of data and need to pick the rows that have an "x" in one of the cells. If the 1st cell of a row contains the "x" then that entire row needs to be added to another worksheet. I am trying to have the data automatically copy to the new worksheet but then have them fill down to the next empty row so there are no blank rows in between filled rows.
Once an "x" is placed in the box on the original sheet, the row that was copied would disappear from the new sheet. The other data rows would fill the one now vacant without any empty rows.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Not certain I can help, but I know you need to provide more information
You have 100 rows of data
1- always 100 rows?
2- Let's call this sheet a

When someone enters an x in column A, you want that row removed from sheet a and moved to sheet b?
1- where do you want it on sheet b, the next available/first unused row?

I am trying to have the data automatically copy to the new worksheet but then have them fill down to the next empty row so there are no blank rows in between filled rows. Once an "x" is placed in the box on the original sheet, the row that was copied would disappear from the new sheet. The other data rows would fill the one now vacant without any empty rows.
1- huh? Are you saying that when you move the row from sheet a, you want the rows below it to move up? and/or do you want to duplicate the row multiple times on sheet b?

Upvote 0
On my excel sheet, each row has date ( ie cell A1 ) , machine (B1) , supply (C1)reorder #(D1), qty(E1) and "x" (F1) indicating that the supply was shipped. As each request for supplies comes in another row is added, ie A2,B2,C2,D2,E2,F2. I could have more than 100 rows depending on the requests.

On sheet B is where I want all the orders that have yet to be filled listed. I need sheet B to look at all supply orders in Sheet A and only list the rows that do not have the "x" in the shipped column (F). I do not know how to have sheet B always monitoring sheet A for just the "x" and then only showing them in order without spaces between rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back