Copy selected cells across to last column

channel7

I have several cells in column B which I would like to copy across under all the columns on the worksheet automatically using a macro.

I currently have a macro which pastes data in from another workbook and the bottom twelve cells in column B are part of a template. I need these twelve cells copied under all the columns which are copied over automatically.

So if four columns are pasted into the worksheet then the twelve cells under column B are then copied under C,D, and E. The twelve cells contain formulas for handling the data in each column.

The twelve cells are B80 through B91. Copied over they will be pasted into C80:C91, D80:D91,...etc.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Try

Code:
Sub test5()
Range("B80:B91").Copy Destination:=Range("C80:E80")
End Sub

Upvote 0
To get this to go to the last column. where last column is defined (by me :) ) as the last column with values in row 1

Code:
Sub test5()
Dim LC As Integer
LC = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
Range("B80:B91").Copy Destination:=Range(Cells(80, 3), Cells(80, LC))
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks, VoG II!

That does take care of copying the cells over. Do you know of a way to make the last column variable? Sometimes four columns will be pasted, sometimes only one.

I can hard code the template to have the cells pre-filled across several columns before anything is pasted but I wanted it to look nicer than that for the end users.

Upvote 0
Oops! I see you may have already answered my second question as I posted it!

I will check this out and get back with you. Thanks, again for the help!!

Upvote 0
Thanks, VoG II!

That does take care of copying the cells over. Do you know of a way to make the last column variable? Sometimes four columns will be pasted, sometimes only one.

I can hard code the template to have the cells pre-filled across several columns before anything is pasted but I wanted it to look nicer than that for the end users.

I think I did that in the code that I posted whilst you were posting your reply. If not, what defines the last column?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back