Copy sheet including VBA, Macro's and Formatting

APML

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All, I have a workbook with numerous worksheets. I want to copy one of the worksheets within the workbook to a new tab.
My question is how do I copy an entire worksheet including macro's and VBA's and formatting? I'm doing this because I need to delete
the original sheet. I've already tried to copy it but I'm finding that the macro's don't seem to work on the copied (new) worksheet.
Do I need to somehow reassign the macro's ?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
When I copy a sheet as a copy within the same workbook, it makes an exact duplicate with the VBA code

VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet10").Copy After:=Sheets(14)

Upvote 0
When I copy a sheet as a copy within the same workbook, it makes an exact duplicate with the VBA code

VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet10").Copy After:=Sheets(14)
I'm not so good with VBA/ macros. Is there a way to reassign the vba/ macro from 1 sheet to another?

Upvote 0
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, your VBA code should reference Activesheet. If you are calling other macros that serve many sheets and you want to send the sheet as a reference to them, that is possible, like this:

VBA Code:
Sub DoingSomethingToASheet(ShtRef As Worksheet)
  Dim Cel As Range

For Each Cel In .Range("A:A")
    'Looking at cells in column A
  Next Cel

End Sub

Upvote 0
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, your VBA code should reference Activesheet. If you are calling other macros that serve many sheets and you want to send the sheet as a reference to them, that is possible, like this:

VBA Code:
Sub DoingSomethingToASheet(ShtRef As Worksheet)
  Dim Cel As Range

For Each Cel In .Range("A:A")
    'Looking at cells in column A
  Next Cel

End Sub
I have a problem somewhere in the original sheet that for some reason it switches the date formatting but only on this 1 sheet, I've tried everything
but can't solve the issue. So I've copied the sheet (i.e A1: AA400) to a new tab, this has fixed the problem with the date formatting.. The sheet has VBA and macro's..so I was wondering if there's a way to just resign the VBA / macro's. My original sheet is called Gaps, I was wondering if there's a way to
say reassign the macro/ vba is the new sheet (which I've called GAP (no s at the end)), then I'll delete the original sheet called Gaps.
You can probably tell by the way I'm asking this that I'm not so great with VBA.

Upvote 0
Show me some code and I'll tell you if you have any issues
1639606685676.png

Hope I'm explaining myself correctly. Basically I want this macro (which is module64) to work with the new sheet

Upvote 0
I can tell. As I said, all macros get copied with the sheet. You could easily delete the old sheet or rename it, and then name your copied sheet as GAPS

Upvote 0
So, that macro will work on any sheet sheet that is the activesheet. IF you need it to work on a specific sheet then you'll need to change it like this:
Sheets("GAPS").range("P127:Q127,P130:Q130, etc)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back