Copy sheet with popup message asking to name the new copied sheet

polska2180

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, I have a master sheet I want to be able to copy by pressing a button then getting a popup asking what name I the user wants to name the sheet and then use that to name the sheet.

Thanks.

After testing my last script I find it will not work.

I really have no answer for you.

Your wanting if the user enters a improper name or no value or clicks Cancel button to get no warning but just try again. If I were a user I would wonder why is this script just running over and over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Pretty standard process when using any PC, cancel...script ends you don't get warnings. You try to save something w/o a name it doesn't give you script errors and sends windows into debug mode just wont let you save.

I appreciate your quick help, it got me 95% there and for now it will be good enough unless somebody else chimes in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You said:
Pretty standard process when using any PC, cancel...script ends you don't get warnings.

OK if I'm trying to do something and script just ends after doing nothing how do I know what I did wrong?

Upvote 0
You said:
Pretty standard process when using any PC, cancel...script ends you don't get warnings.

OK if I'm trying to do something and script just ends after doing nothing how do I know what I did wrong?

Cancel means I changed my mind and I don't want to proceed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I can get the cancel thing to work.

But your saying if the users performs any error you never want to see a Message Popup telling him he made a error.

You just want the Inputbox to pop back up.

But as far as I know there is no way to do that.

Like for example if the use Enters Jane/Doe into the Inputbox Excel says to itself this is not a Proper Name because I do not allow a / in a sheet name.

And the script should end then.

But you have said you never want to see a Message about a Error and you do not want to press the Button that starts the script again. You just want the Input Box to pop back up so you can enter a new name.

And if the user enters Jane/Doe a second time Excel again says that name cannot be used and errors out again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back