usrnm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a table that gets it's data from the web. This table is then linked to a PowerPoint as part of a report (i.e. use the paste special option and link the worksheet object). Once a month, the connection is refreshed, new data retrieved and a new report created. I want to include a 'previous report' table which shows the data from the previous month. At the moment, I open the old PowerPoint, screenshot the table and paste it in the new PowerPoint but I want to automate this like I do the other tables and graphs.

Is there a way, to automate copying the table, maybe to another sheet for example, so that it won't be affected when the original table is updated with new data. By copying, I don't mean simply copy as you would normally, as I would then have to then re-link/copy it to the PowerPoint. So is there a way to link the table (similar to how you would do =Sheet1!A1 to replicate the value in another cell) but control when the value updates so that it displays the old value when the connection is refreshed.

I have multiple sheets which get their data from the web so I don't want an answer along the lines of "just copy the query that gets the data and only update the one sheet, and don't update the copied table" because I click refresh all, so unless there's a quick way to choose which sheets to refresh and which to not, it's more effort to go through each one.

My aim here is to do no manual intervention - if I'm required to go and copy and paste something each month then I might as well stick to screenshotting the old table as I do.

Many Thanks!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back