Copy Unique Values from ranges in 3 sheets and Paste Values (not Formulas) to one column in another sheet in the same workbook

txjeffm

I am a fairly new VBA user but have worked heavily in Excel for years. I am trying to take advantage of VBA to simplify my life, but am running into some difficulty. I use Excel 2007.

I have a workbook that uses formulas to take whatever data is input into certain range and concatenate the base part #, revision level and color code followed by "***" followed by the description, followed by "****", followed by the supplier name.

In essense, I have 3 ranges (sheet "1st Row" range LT28:MK5000, sheet "2nd Row" range D225:EN5000 and sheet "3rd Row" range BG24:BU5000) in which each cell of each range could have something like "JK0372607AB02****Product ABC****XYZ Corp" in it.

Each cell could be a duplicate of another cell on any of the other tabs, or it could be unique, each string could be of varying lengths and have numbers and/or letters and the lengths of the collumns could vary from range to range (I went to 5000 only becuase I know I will never have data beyond that row) but all collumns in each seperate range would be the same length. Also, all there are no blank columns within each range.

What I ultimatley want to do is to have macro that goes to sheet "Combined", clears whatever data is in Collumn A starting with row 2, then looks at the designated ranges on each of the other 3 sheets ("1st Row", "2nd Row" and "3rd Row"), extracts only the unique values, and pastes them all into a single column in worksheet "Combined" starting at Cell A2. Then, anytime I need to update it, it is just update the data in the other tabs and re-run the macro.

It seems like it would be pretty simple, but so far I am stumped.

I have tried searching the boards and combining bits and pieces of what I find here and there, but so far, all I have been able to do is confuse myself and make it do one range, but it copies ALL cells in the first sheet (not unique values) and it pastes the Formulas, not the values.

Here is a sample of what the data could look like (only there would be several more collumns and many more unique values):

DF037212AB02****Product 12356****Dyna Corp
JK0372607AB02****Product ABC****XYZ Corp
22760821****Product ABC****XYZ Corp
12345698712****Product ABC****XYZ Corp

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Desired Output would be:

12345698712****Product ABC****XYZ Corp</SPAN>
22760821****Product ABC****XYZ Corp</SPAN>
DF037212AB02****Product 12356****Dyna Corp</SPAN>
JK0372607AB02****Product ABC****XYZ Corp</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Any help would be huge. I update this file multiple times throughout the day, and currently, it involves copying each collumn of each range, pasting special values into the "Combined" tab below the last cell, then removing duplicates and zeros. Not only it is time consuming and tedious, it is frustrating as heck because I know there is an easier way...I just have not been able to figure it out yet. So, after 4 weeks of spending hours each day going through various sites and trying my own hand at developing something...I am BEGGING for help!!
</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back