Copy Values instead of Formula

GonzoB

Hi Helpers,

I have a VBA to copy the distinct values of a column from Sheet1 to Sheet2:

VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("U2:U" & Sheet1Row).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2"), Unique:=True

The issue I have is the source column contains formula results and not values (this I don't really want to change) therefore to the Sheet2 target column #N/A is added.

Can you tell how to copy the values instead of the formula using the above code? Is there something like CopySpecial similar to PasteSpecial? That would solve my problem I guess.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
There has to be something else going on, you might need to give us an XL2BB of your data.
Advanced Filter only brings across values and not formulas. If it is bringing over N/A it is more likely that you have that in your source data that you are filtering.

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

yes, in my source data (Sheet1, U column) I have formulas. Is there a way to copy over the results of the formulas using Advanced Filter?

Upvote 0
I have to be misinterpreting what you are saying.
Advanced Filter using the Copy to Option is similar to PasteSpecial Values followed by PasteSpecial Formats.
For a reference see Contextures Advanced Filter Page here: Excel Advanced Filter Macro Examples Send Data to New Sheet
You seem to be saying that is what you want ie "copy over results of the formulas"

If you want the equivalent of PasteSpecial Formulas then you can't use the Copy option of Advanced Filter.
(the above link covers that too)

If you are saying that it is pasting formulas then there is something else going on.
You would need to show us all your code.
Ideally also an XL2BB of the source and the XLBB of the results. Alternatively put a sample of your spreadsheet on a sharing platform making it available to anyone with the link.
Test the sample of the spreadsheet to make sure it is producing what you consider to be the error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back