Copy varying number of rows from one sheet to another depending on cell reference

jwb1012

Board Regular
Hi - I am attempting to come up with a code to copy a varying number of rows from a "Template" worksheet to multiple sheets in my workbook depending on a cell reference on each sheet.

So, for each sheet in the workbook that begins with "Labor BOE", look at the number in cell "L2", copy that many rows from the "Template" worksheet(columns A:L beginning in cell "A21"), and paste them in column A, after the last non-empty row in column L. Must do this for all sheets that begin with "Labor BOE."

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi. Try:
Code:
Sub CopyPasteData()
 Dim ws As Worksheet
 For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
  If ws.Name Like "LABOR BOE*" And ws.[L2] > 0 Then
   ws.Range("A" & ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 12).End(3)(2).Row).Resize(ws.[L2], 12).Value = _
    Sheets("Template").Range("A21:L21").Resize(ws.[L2]).Value
  End If
 Next ws
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi - I am attempting to come up with a code to copy a varying number of rows from a "Template" worksheet to multiple sheets in my workbook depending on a cell reference on each sheet.

So, for each sheet in the workbook that begins with "Labor BOE", look at the number in cell "L2", copy that many rows from the "Template" worksheet(columns A:L beginning in cell "A21"), and paste them in column A, after the last non-empty row in column L. Must do this for all sheets that begin with "Labor BOE."

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

If I've understood this then this bit of code might be the starting point for you:
Code:
Sub L2_Problem()
'   Must do this for all sheets that begin with "Labor BOE." in the workbook that begins with "Labor BOE", _
    look at the number in cell "L2", _
    copy that many rows from the "Template" worksheet(columns A:L beginning in cell "A21"), _
    and paste them in column A, after the last non-empty row in column L.

Dim GotIt As Long

For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
        sheet(i).Activate
        Select Case ActiveSheet.Name
            Case "Labor BOE"
                GotIt = [L2].Value
                If GotIt > 0 Then
                    Sheets("Template").Columns("A21:L").Copy Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) ' beginning in cell "A21"
                End If
            Case Else
        End Select
    Next i

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Modified the code slightly, but same structure used. Results in Run TIme Error 424: Object Required

Code:
Sub CopyPasteData()
 Dim sh As Worksheet
 For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
  If Left(sh.name, 9) = "Labor BOE" Then
   sh.Range("A" & sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 12).End(3)(2).Row).Resize(ws.[L2], 12).Value = _
    Sheets("Template - Tasks").Range("A21:L21").Resize(sh.[L2]).Value
  End If
 Next sh
End Sub

Upvote 0
@Rhodie74 -- It results in a compile error. Compile Error: Sub or Function Not Defined

Code:
Sub L2_Problem()
'   Must do this for all sheets that begin with "Labor BOE." in the workbook that begins with "Labor BOE", _
    look at the number in cell "L2", _
    copy that many rows from the "Template" worksheet(columns A:L beginning in cell "A21"), _
    and paste them in column A, after the last non-empty row in column L.

Dim GotIt As Long

For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
        sheet(i).Activate
        Select Case ActiveSheet.Name
            Case "Labor BOE"
                GotIt = [L2].Value
                If GotIt > 0 Then
                    Sheets("Template").Columns("A21:L").Copy Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) ' beginning in cell "A21"
                End If
            Case Else
        End Select
    Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
Modified the code slightly, but same structure used. Results in Run TIme Error 424: Object Required

Code:
sh.Range("A" & sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 12).End(3)(2).Row).Resize([COLOR=#ff0000][B]sh[/B][/COLOR].[L2], 12).Value = _

That red variable should be replaced as well

Upvote 0
Hi Osvaldo - thank you for the reply! For some reason, it is pasting the data beginning in cell D4, instead of cell D21. Also, it is not pasting the formatting or formulas. Any thoughts?

Code:
Sub CopyPasteData()
 Dim sh As Worksheet
 For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
  If Left(sh.name, 9) = "Labor BOE" Then
   sh.Range("A" & sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 12).End(3)(2).Row).Resize(sh.[L2], 12).Value = _
    Sheets("Template - Tasks").Range("A21:L21").Resize(sh.[L2]).Value
  End If
 Next sh
End Sub

Upvote 0
CORRECTION: I made an adjustment to my spreadsheet and it is pasting in the correct location but, it is not copying the formulas or formatting. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hi Osvaldo - I now understand that this code is simply setting the cells on the Labor BOE worksheet equal to the Template worksheet. This will not work because there are formulas doing lookups that need to be copy/pasted onto the Labor BOE worksheet from the Template worksheet.

Is it possible to adjust the logic within the code to copy/paste the range from the template onto the various sheets, including format and formula?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back