Copy worksheet not working correctly

Eric Kelcher

Board Regular
Not sure how I have done this but I can't copy exactly from one work book to another.
Not a macro; manual cut paste not working
IE I select full worksheet, click copy
open new workbook click top left box or full worksheet then paste and formating from orginal workbook/sheet is not imported fully; the data itself is imported, cell widths are imported and merged cells are imported, cell heights and wraped text are not. Trying paste special doesn't help either.
What setting got changed and how do I set it back so I post exactly same thing???

Tried restarting machine thinking I would not save any changes, nope problem is still there.
I just updated/switched to using Excel 2007 from Excel 2002

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
You can right click on the sheet tab (down the bottom) and select 'move or copy'.
Tick the 'Create a copy' box at the bottom of the pop up and from the drop down box select '(new book)'. Then click 'ok' and it will open a new book and copy the sheet into it.

Upvote 0
I am creating a new workbook that I am copying the worksheet over to so create a copy within a workbook won't do it for me.
What is absolute insane is if I "fix" the errors on copied worksheet(orginal is created by a macro), the copied version I can copy and paste correctly.

Pulling hair out, it must be some remant of the macro that is present in the orginal worksheet preventing it from being copied.

Upvote 0
You need to select 'new book' from the drop down box and it will copy it into a new workbook. Is that also not working?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back