COPY WORKSHEET: not working?

itr674

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large file and am copying worksheets one at a time out of that book to another workbook. When I do the Move or Copy and select Create a Copy and then try to move it to another book it does not go there.

I can get it to move to a single workbook, but then I can't get it to move to the new workbook that is much smaller than the original workbook???

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Two options:

1. Select all the sheets you want to copy by clicking the first tab and Shift+clicking the last tab (or you can use Ctrl+click if they are not contiguous). Then choose Move or Copy, Copy, (new book).

2. After copying the first worksheet make sure you choose the book that's just been created, not (new book) again.

Upvote 0
Andrew - well I finally got it working by making a forth book and then copying sheet from third book into second book then saved and closed all books. Then reopened books 1 and 2 and everything is working agian.

I have this large workbook that jumped from 1.8 mb to 3.1 mb and am trying to determine bad sheet...

Upvote 0
Just noticed something--if I go to a page and do an F5 then select Special and then select Blanks shouldn't all the blanks cells be highlighted.

When I did this on one sheet it is not highlighing the supposedly empty cells from col H to IV?

I manually selected those columns using Shift-Control_Right Arrow and then did a Edit-Clear-All and then did a re-check using F5 and it still didn't highlight the cells???

Upvote 0
Edit|Goto|Special|Blanks selects only the blank cells within the used range. Try it on a new worksheet. You will get the message "No cells were found".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back