Copy worksheet to new workbook with everything linked

cricket1001

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to copy a worksheet to another workbook where everything is linked.

For ex: I have a workbook called "Budget 2016" with a worksheet called "Credit Cards" and a worksheet called "Budget IL & FL". In the "Credit Cards" worksheet I have all info about each credit card like the balance, date due, promos, interest rate, etc. In the "Budget IL & FL" worksheet I have each credit card listed w/ current balance. I have the current balance in both worksheets linked together. What I want to do is start a new workbook w/ the "Credit Cards" worksheet copied w/ everything linked together to the new workbook "Credit Cards". In this workbook I'm going to make a new worksheet for each credit card that will have all my purchases for that credit card listed.

I bought a house in FL and am trying to sell my house in IL. I have had to do rehabbing on both houses and I want to group all purchases for IL house and FL house separately. I just want to have the "Credit Cards" worksheet in "Credit Cards" workbook link back to the "Credit Cards" worksheet in the workbook "Budget 2016". I know how to link each cell but was wondering if there was a way to just link the whole worksheet instead of doing it separately cell by cell.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back