Copying a block and incrementing a row by 1.

ken800

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I can't install the tool to upload a sheet on my work PC so an image will have to suffice. Here's the jist: I have data coming from multiple sheets that I vlookup and format into a summary sheet. It is always the same number of rows like the below example. I want to be able to copy A3:C7 and paste it in A8. A4 is simply ='sheet2'!E4 and then copied down. I want to change the formula in A8 to when I copy the block I don't get ='Sheet 2'!E8 but instead increment it just one so the second block of picks up the NEXT number in the list -- i.e. 'Sheet 2'!E5. Copy the block again and pick up E6 and so on... I've spent quite a bit of time using offset, indirect, and other methods but haven't figured it out.

1677277470559.png

If you have lots of calculations in the workbook using the INDIRECT function will slow the workbook down.
As far as users of the workbook. the Power Query functionality is nearly invisible, unless they play with the data and connections group in the ribbon.
It will take you an hour or two to learn it.

But, you have a solution that works. which is good. best wishes.
This means that the users will have an easier chance to mess up the workbook's INDIRECT functions.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back