Copying active worksheet to new workbook

singcbl

I have a workbook with numeral worksheets. I would like to have a macro that will allows me to do the following.
Copy the active worksheet to a new workbook with the same name as the worksheet. The workbook must have only one worksheet and the new workbook and worksheet is to have the same name.
If I highlight more than one worksheet in the active workbook, the macro must also be able to create multiple workbooks each with only one worksheet of the same name.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Maybe my question is a bit confusing. I shall attempt to simplify it.
I have a workbook which is a collection of about 50 worksheets and the number is increasing as and when a new item is included. Some of the worksheets are name as INF001, INF002..... INF040 and so on. These worksheet have the same layout but with different information. I need create a new workbook each with the same name as the worksheet. The idea when the worksheet is selected either singularly or in multiple when the macro is run a workbook with the same name as the worksheet is created.
If multiple worksheet is not possible then single worksheet will suffice too.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have a way to "export" the active worksheet using ASAP utilities add-ins but the result was not as I expected. I could not copy an exact replica in that the layout such command buttons on the active worksheet were not copied over or column wide did not follow per the active worksheet.

Any idea how can this be overcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back