copying an entire row to another sheet based on a date range criteria.

workallday

Hello all,
I am creating a master tracker for my [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]finance [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]company[/FONT][/FONT] and I am having a bit of trouble.

I have a "master list" that i am imputing all my [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]information[/FONT][/FONT] into. From that master list, I have a couple other sheets that are extracting [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]data[/FONT][/FONT] from it to create new spread sheets depending on the different criteria.

On the sheet that i am working on right now and having a bit of trouble with, my goal is to be able to extract a whole row into another sheet based on the Date of entry into the master list.

I have a column in the master spread sheet that is titled "Date of entry" and i want all the rows that are dated within a certain month to be extracted onto a new sheet.

Example: If the date of entry on one of the rows is 10/20/2012, then i want the whole row and all of its data extracted to a sheet called October 2012.

In the example below, I would want the whole row that says
Mike Jones - Steve Friedrich - 60 - 10.00% - 300,000.00 - 10/15/2012 - 10/20/2012 etc, to be extracted onto a new sheet labeled "October 2012" based on the entry that says 10/15/2012 under the "Entry Date" column, because that date entered is in October.

If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Welcome to the forum, first look to record a macro that applies a filter against the date column, then look to copy the data and then go to the relevant sheet and go to the bottom of the table and paste then stop recording this will give you the code that then can be adapted to work for you. If you can do that and then post back the code it will be easier for someone to pick up and adapt.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back