Copying cell formating

ksucats4me

I've got a macro written that reads the values of two columns into an array. The first column is either blank or an "x", it is a selection column. The second column has topic titles in it. The macro outputs a condensed list of all those topics "selected" but having an "x" in the column to the left of it. This works just fine, no problems. We want to format the topic titles so the first five words are bold and the rest of the title is unformatted. This is also relatively easy to do. The trick is getting the formatting to hold when the macro executes and creates the compiled list. Using the macro, the output is completely unformatted. I've experimented with with the paint brush formatting, but it produces an output that is completely bold.

Any suggestions on how we can get this macro to replicate the same format as the item in the master list? I've also toyed with simple copy/paste and it works, but I'm not in love with the idea of executing repetitious copy/paste commands.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back