Copying cells from one sheet to multiple sheet and naming the sheet as the copy text.

kys916

I want to do a loop where you can copy say A3 worksheet 1 then add another sheet naming the work sheet "A3" then copying A3 worksheet 1 to A1 "A3". After that looping to A4 to a new work sheet naming the work sheet "A4"copying the value to A1 "A4", etc...

Is there a simply way of doing this loop? I can probably fit my other coding into the structure.

Thanks for the help

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
kys916,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What version of Excel and Windows are you using?

Can you post a screenshot of the actual raw data worksheet?

And, can you post a screenshot of the worksheet results (manually formatted by you) that you are looking for?

To post your data, you can download and install one of the following two programs:
Excel Jeanie
MrExcel HTML Maker

Or, when using Internet Explorer, just put borders around your data in Excel and copy those cells into your post.
See reply #2 the BLUE text in the following link:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/444901-how-create-table-like-aladin.html#post2198045

If you are not able to give us screenshots:
You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Hiker. I am just helping a prof on some academic research. Basically I have about 15000 tickers on one sheet [Ticker (1)].

Ticker

MSFT
GOOG
APPL

I just want each of the specific ticker to be on the top left corner of the page (A1). My plan is to copy each ticker on the Ticker(1) and put it as A1 of a new worksheet (with Ticker symbol as sheet name). The rest of the coding I have already finshed(CapitalIQ addins plus some marco functions). Don't really know where to start, tired looping it, but SheetX always changes, so it gets really messy if I delete a sheet (almost typed $hit).

Thanks for the help. Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0
Sorry for double posting. I was asking this yesterday. Would someone mind helping me think of a solution.

Upvote 0
kys916,

If you can not give us screenshots, or give us your workbook, per my reply #2, then:

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the thread. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back