Copying cells from one spreadsheet into another

Pantego

Hello:

I want to copy the contents of cells from one Workbook into another workbook. For example. I have cells in Workbook A that I want to copy into Workbook B. The cells in Workbook A are in different locations than they will be in Workbook B. I am currently copying and pasting the contents of each cell (one at a time) into the Workbook B. Isn't there a macro that will do this for me?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi Pantego,

Welcome to board!

Please put your requirement in detail. Unless your requirement is not clear, helping you would be difficult.

Upvote 0
OK I will try to explain this in more detail. Let's say for example I have data in Worksheet A. On row 64 I have 30 columns but I only what to copy the contents in the first 4 columns. I will then take that data and post in into Worksheet B. The only problem is, in Worksheet B, this data will be copied in different rows and different cells. For example the data from "Worksheet A" A64, will be copied to Worksheet B C1, the data from Worksheet A B64 will be copied to Worksheet B E5, etc. I hope this makes it somewhat clearer.

Upvote 0
You should remeber, Formulas or macro can be developed for a logical requirements but not for a judgemental activity.

If you have any logic for copying the content from Worksheet A A64 to Worksheet B C1 and then Worksheet A B65 to Worksheet B E5, then post your requirement.

Upvote 0
This should get you a start. Adjust ranges and sheet names as needed.

Code:
Sub Quick_copy()
Worksheets("To").Range("A2:A9")= Sheets("From").Range("A2:A9")
End Sub

Ross

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back