Copying cetrtain cells in a column?

Beachson

I have a column and I have set a cell color for certain scattered cells and I simply want to move a copy of everyone of those cells directly to it's left into an empty column...how?

I did this on a copy and it only did it for the first like 5 cells that were blue and when I tried it on the master spread sheet it showed a debug window highlight the second line of the code

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Code:
Sub CopyColor()
Dim cl As Range
For Each cl In Range("$A$2:$A" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
If cl.Interior.ColorIndex = 5 Then cl.Copy Cells(cl.Row, "B")
Next cl
End Sub
This will copy cells from Column "A" to column "B" Note the differences between the original which was copying "B" to "A"

If you are getting an error, you must have a typo or something wrong because the CODE work as written. Post YOUR code
lenze

Upvote 0
It's still giving me error 1004 method of range...I do want the cells from B to copy to A but for some reason it's not working I have copied your code excactly into a module pressed ALT+Q then gone to the spreadsheet and pressed ALT+F8 and clicked run and thats what it says

Upvote 0
I don't know why. I just tested it by copying it to a module, inserting Data in B2:B100 and randomly colored cells Blue. I ran the code and the values WHERE copied to Column "A" along with the Formatting(Blue color). The 2nd also works, but only transfers the Value, not the color.

lenze

Upvote 0
It worked although is there a reason why it would not be doing it for all of them it only did it up till cell 93 this time and none past any reason why that would happen

Upvote 0
every time that it ends up working (which i dont know why ever other time I try after it shows the error report I have to redue the whole module and start fresh) it does it for a random number of them up to cell 60 up to cell 93 up to cell 8 why is that I want it for 4000 cells

Upvote 0
You don't perchance have any merged cells?? VBA hates merged cells!!!. You can, however, change the code like this
Code:
Sub CopyColor()
Dim cl As Range
For Each cl In Selection
If cl.Interior.ColorIndex = 5 Then cl.Copy Cells(cl.Row, "A")
Next cl
End Sub
Now, you can select all of the cells of interest (or all of column "B" if you want) and run the code

lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back