Copying content of 1 Cell and adding that to content of 2nd cell

newbie78

I have a price list which I am trying to create in excel which will eventually be imported into point of sale software. However, the product list which I have from my supplier has 2 Columns right now.

Col A- Item Number
Col B- Item Description

Now what I want is to copy the content of Col A and Edit content for colB and add so now the content of col B will be "Item# : Description"

HTML:
Original Data:

Col A: 19035
Col B: Cashew 40 Gms

Edited Data to look as follows:

Col A: 19035
Col B: 19035: Cashew 40 Gms
I need the above done to the whole worksheet for all items. Can someone please help!!

I am using Excel 2007. And thanks in advance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

newbie78

Thank you sir... that was quick, easy and simple!! Let me try and see if my Point of Sale software likes it.. because after the excel is done.. I will have to use it to import items into my Point of sale software.. I hope it work!! But thanks for your quick reply!!

newbie78

I tried the formula which you suggested. However, I have a pre defined template which is to be used for importing items to my Point of Sale software. Now when I entered the formula in my original worksheet it works fine. But when I try to copy the cells from my original worksheet and paste it in the template provided by my POS software it shows #REF#REF on the cells. Any suggestions??

VoG

Legend
Select your column of concatenated values. On the Home tab click Copy. Then click the black arrow at the bottom of the Paste button, select Paste Special, tick Values and click OK.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwirth

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...