Copying data from one sheet to another, formula doesn't work

RodneyC

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm copying two sheets from one doc to another. The first sheet is named "Naming". I have copy/pasted it exactly as it is and named it "Naming"

The second sheet is copied exactly as it is from the original source. On this second sheet this code is in cell D28

=INDEX(Naming!$C$4:$C$551,MATCH(1,($D$3=Naming!$A$4:$A$551)*($B27=Naming!$B$4:$B$551),0))

When I copy/paste the second sheet into the new doc, the code in cell D28 changes to this:
=INDEX('[Digital Metrics Sep21 2021-10-14.xlsx]Naming'!$C$4:$C$551,MATCH(1,($D$3='[Digital Metrics Sep21 2021-10-14.xlsx]Naming'!$A$4:$A$551)*($B27='[Digital Metrics Sep21 2021-10-14.xlsx]Naming'!$B$4:$B$551),0))

The data displays correctly but I don't want it to reference the other doc, I need it to be fully self contained in the second doc. When I change the code on the second doc, cell D28 to the original code:

=INDEX(Naming!$C$4:$C$551,MATCH(1,($D$3=Naming!$A$4:$A$551)*($B27=Naming!$B$4:$B$551),0))

I'm get a #N/A error. I've confirmed all columns and rows are the same on both sheets in both docs.

Any ideas?

Thanks on advance

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Should it be:
=INDEX('Naming'!$C$4:$C$551,MATCH(1,($D$3='Naming'!$A$4:$A$551)*($B27='Naming'!$B$4:$B$551),0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back