Copying data with same headers from sheet 2 to sheet 1. VBA???

jacobswayne

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone. I have had this issue for about a week now and it has been killing me slowly. What I am trying to do is move data from “sheet 2” to “sheet 1”. I only need the values to move over from sheet2 to sheet1 (the headers are the same). For example, on both sheets lets say I have name,address, POC info. Sheet 1 has name and address info, sheet 2 has POC info. I need to move the POC info to sheet 1. When I say poc info its separated by different columns like name, email, phone number,etc. Can someone assist? Does this make sense?? Ive been copying and pasting and its taking me foreverrrrrrrr.

Ive tried vlookup and im not good with vba so neither worked for me. Safe to say im a noob :/

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Does the data follow on? In a cell on sheet 2 you could just have a simple formula like
Rich (BB code):
=Sheet1!A2

Then just copy down..?

Upvote 0
Does the data follow on? In a cell on sheet 2 you could just have a simple formula like
Rich (BB code):
=Sheet1!A2

Then just copy down..?

I need to move data from sheet2 to sheet1. Im not sure what you're talking about my apologies

Upvote 0
My apologies. Misread.

It's difficult without seeing your data. Do you have the EXACT same list of names in sheet2 as you do in sheet 1?

Upvote 0
Lets say sheet 1 is like this:

Book1
AB
1NameAddress
2John10 Here
3Jane20 There
Sheet1

And Sheet 2 is like this:

Book1
ABC
1NameEmailPhone
2Johnjohn@a123
3Janejane@b456
Sheet2

Am I right in saying you want the email & phone (POC) details to appear alongside the adjacent columns in Sheet 1, ultimately removing Sheet 2?

If so, is the name data in the same order? If not it will have to be VBA, but still not difficult to achieve. If it's in the same order then even easier, my initial method would work

Upvote 0
when you say list of names do you mean columns? Here are my columns which are the same on both sheets. I would like to move my values over to the other sheet. For example if I have someones email address I would like to move that over to the other sheet that has a cell for their email address. So if I have Bobs name address etc on sheet one I would like to move bobs phone,email,title to sheet one when it resides on sheet 2

ID NumberNameStreet AddressCityStateZip CodeCountryIT NameIT TitleIT EmailIT PhoneIT Name1IT Title1IT Email1IT Phone1Website

Upvote 0
So the columns are EXACTLY the same on both sheets, but some details are on 1 sheet and some on the other? :unsure: And you want to collaborate all info so it is all on 1 sheet?

Upvote 0
The Column headers are the exact same. However where you "name,address" values may be different or slightly off. Bob dylan may have a leading space on one sheet but not the other.

Upvote 0
The ID field seems to be the important field. I assume its a numeric?

So in plain English you wish to loop through the ID column on sheet 1, attempt to find that ID on Sheet 2, then for any additional details that aren't showing on sheet 1, import them?

Upvote 0
Yes but I would rather do it by “name” rather than ID because ID number may not match—but yes you are correct. I suppose I can try both

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back