Copying down linked formulas

adamsqh

Hello,

I have several worksheets with linked formulas. I have over 200 rows that I want to paste the linked formulas to, but when I copy down the linked formula is stays the same so I get the same data in each cell. How do I get the formula to change the row # down 1 in witht he copy?

Thanks for your help!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

pedie

what is your formula and exactly where would u want it to be???
try this code, this is example of how it will be in range C
if it does not work maybe you'll have to tell me exactly where you're looking to input the formula.....:biggrin:

Code:
sub adamsqh_try()
[FONT=Bell MT]Dim LR As Long[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]'if you sheet name is different change it accordingly[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT][FONT=Bell MT]With Sheets("sheet1")<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]    LR = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]    .Range("C" & LR).Value = "you formula"[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]End With[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]<o:p>End Sub</o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=Bell MT]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT] 
[/FONT]

adamsqh

The formula looks like this:

='Member List 10-11 All Basic Inf'!$C$3

when I copy it down I want it to copy it down like $c$4, $c$5, $c$6, etc.

I appreciate your help!

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertjohn18

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...