Copying formulae within a table

Reshaw

Board Regular
Afternoon everyone

I am fluent in Excel 'traditional' formulae but I find myself having to interface with tables from other sources frequently so trying to get up to speed with the nuances...

I am currently trying to pull sales forecast information from a master lead sheet, its all very basic and I have got the following formula to work:

Code:
=IFERROR( IF( AND( LeadData[@[Lead Outcome (Forecast / Lost)]] = "Forecast", LeadData[@[Lead Name]] = ForecastedSales[@[Lead name]]   ),
                IF( LeadData[Forecast Close]    =    ForecastedSales[[#Headers],[Jan-17]],  LeadData[Weighted Forecast], 0),""),"")

I have a basic table "ForecastedSales" showing the next 24 months along the top row (headers) and the lead names down the left most column. So for clarity I have the above formula in cell B2.

When I drag the formula to cell C2 in the 'traditional' way, it updates for example the [Jan-17] part to [Feb-17] which is fine but it also changes all the column references to their adjacent values as well. I would have put $ in front of the cell references before to stop it from updating them when copying across but with the table references I can't figure out how to stop it doing it.

I apologies if this is a simple problem but I can't find any reference to this on Google, perhaps I am not describing it well.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Robin

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back