Copying/Inserting Rows & Data from one sheet to another based on a date lookup

Billman101

Hello,

I’m wanting to copy and insert data from sheet 2 to sheet 1 based on one of seven dates (a week’s worth) that’s on sheet one in column B (seven cells spaced two rows apart starting at Row 3).
Sheet 2 has columns A thru K with column H having the DATES that are on sheet 1.
Sheet 1 has columns A thru K as well and is where I’d like to insert/paste data based on the Dates starting at row 4.

The base (clean) sheet 1 will have the dates in B3 (Sun), B6 (Mon), B9 (Tue), B12 (Wed), B15 (Th), B18 (Fri) and B21 (Sat).

I’d like the macro to look up the DATES in column H on Sheet 2 and insert the data in Sheet 1 starting at cell A4 (one row below and one column to the left of the first date). Subsequent DATES would then insert in the same manner as the first until all seven days are complete.

Each subsequent date’s specific data would need to adjust and insert rows accordingly for each of the seven dates.

There may be times where a date has no values in sheet two (that date may not even exist in the data) in which this case nothing would be copied/pasted and the sheet would stay in it's base (clean) state, just an empty section for that day.

I hope I've copied the sheets correctly below for reference.

Thanks for any insight!!

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
1Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5Header 6Header 7Header 8Header 9Header 10Header 11
3Sunday4/7/2019
6Monday4/8/2019
9Tuesday4/9/2019
12Wednesday4/10/2019
15Thursday4/11/2019
18Friday4/12/2019
21Saturday4/13/2019
Sheet1

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
1Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5Header 6Header 7DATEHeader 9Header 10Header 11
Sheet2

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back