Copying Relative References to Multiple Sheets

Cwalker

I have an Excel workbook with 21 worksheets. 20 of the sheets are an identical grade/scoresheet, with the sheets named numerically 1-20. The other sheet is a summary tab for the information in the other 20 sheets, and it is named "Summary". On sheets 1-20, cell B7 will contain the name of the student being graded (obviously,the name will be different on each sheet). On the "summary" sheet, these 20 names are listed individually from cell B11-B30. I want to be able to type the names into the "Summary" sheet in B11-B30 and then enter a formula into cell B7 of the first worksheet so that it automatically enters the name of the first person on the "Summary" sheet (cell B11). I am familiar with this specific formula: =Summary!B11 . However, If I copy that formula to all the sheets, it copies only cell B11. I want to be able to copy that formula to sheets 1-20 so that sheet 1 pulls the name from B11, sheet 2 pulls the name from B12, sheet 3 from B13, and continue the sequence. I do NOT want to have to copy and paste a formula to each individual sheet, because I have other data besides the name that will need to repeat this process (ex: company name (different for each person), scores, etc). Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
In B7 of sheets name 1 through 20:

=INDIRECT("Summary!B"&MID(CELL("filename",B7),FIND("]",CELL("filename",B7))+1,255)+10)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back