Copying row to a different sheet based on condition

narvaezm001

Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible for me to be able to copy a whole row into a different sheet based on a column value. For example, if B6 = CLOSE, the whole row would be coppied to the sheet name CLOSE. If B6 = OCCUPIED it would be copied to sheet name OCCUPIED. I also need if W7 = to a date thats passed today it would be added to the sheet name EXP PRD. An off topic question, i have this code for collumn "W":

=COUNTIF(W6:AD155,">"&TODAY()+15)

It works just fine, but I also have "N/A" / "INDEF" in the blocks as well so it's not giving me the correct results. Is there anything I could do to fix it? If you would like to see the file please PM me your email so i can email it. I don't know how to upload a file so i can show what I need help on. I'm using Excel 2003. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
narvaezm001,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

I don't know how to upload a file so i can show what I need help on.

You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data scrubbed/removed/changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
narvaezm001,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data scrubbed/removed/changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Thank you very much for your reply and greeting, since its already night time where I'm at my office is close. But I will do it tomorrow and provide a copy. Thank you again for your consideration on helping.

Upvote 0
narvaezm001,

See you later.

Please do not quote entire replies from your helper. When quoting follow these guidelines:
1. Quote ONLY if it is needed to add clarity or context for your reply. If so, then
2. Quote ONLY the specific part of the post that is relevant - - not the entire post.
This will keep thread clutter to a minimum and make the discussion easier to follow.

Upvote 0
narvaezm001,

Thanks for the workbook (82 columns, with only 9 columns displaying the raw data) - WOW!!!!!

I am having a problem trying to understand what I am looking at, and how to resolve your request.

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the post. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't know how much you needed to see. I will upload the file I currently have tomorrow when I go to work and post it. It currently only has a total of 1900 rows due to me needing to check two different system we have and their hard copy file. Hence why im trying to consolidate all the information in excel. I work at the post office where I'm at and trying to keep all the current po box holder up to date. I'm trying to figure out how to automatically copy everything in a row if in column B that is either marked close or occupied on their respective sheet that is marked close box or occupied box. And on the sheet that is marked EXP PRD have any row that has their PRD (perspective rotation date)passing the current date so it would be easier for me to send notices to the box holders to update their file so if I get no response I can be able to provide a box to someone else that needs it. The first five rows is just a quick break down of the averages so its easier to see if we're effectively managing the boxes we have.

Upvote 0
narvaezm001,

There is nothing different in your latest workbook vs the prior workbook. I am still having a problem trying to understand what I am looking at, and how to resolve your request.

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the post. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back