Copying sheet back into file; make cell references point to new file

lindsay

I have a very large excel model (51 sheets, 8.2MB) that works properly stand-alone, but many sheets have references/links to other sheets in the model.

I need to be able to have other users fill out a template (in current large master file) without sending the whole file to them (due to file size and sensitive nature). The template sheet is referencing multiple other sheets in my model.

If I simply copy the template sheet out into a new file and send it, the references will no longer work (since the other user doesnt have the full master file). I considered also copying the two key sheets that the template references to also include in that new, smaller file. This is not ideal, but would work until I try to copy the completed template sheet back into my original master model (because the completed template sheet will then be looking at the other two sheets I copied into the new smaller file).

Is there a way to better manage this? I considered sending the entire model and protecting/passwording sheets the user should not see, but I still have sensitivity concerns. My last resort at this point is having the user complete the template, and then the model owner can copy/paste the data into the master file.

I'm using excel 2003 and windows XP professional.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Lindsay

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back