Copying/Storing Entered information to another worksheet

jbanks

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi

I am a relative novice who knows what they want to achieve but is unsure how to get there.

I work in a school and want all staff to complete a Staff ICT skills audit (ironic that I am on here I know! but the level of knowledge necessary is FAR FAR less than tat which you guys have!!!!)

For arguments sake I have in three columns (BCD) in B I have a Question code, in C2 I have used data validation so that all the names of the teachers will be listed and they choose their name from the drop down. From C3 to C119 I have the questions and in D3 to D119 I have data validation drop down lists for staff to choose 1 2 3 4 5 based on strengths/confidence, I have also Conditionally Formatted these cells for colour coding purposes.

Using Excel 2007 I want staff to select their name in C2 and complete the questionnaire while the scores they enter are recorded in another worksheet which (as it will be stored on the shared network) then builds to record all the unique entried made by each staff.

I appreciate that 100+ questions may require a lot of data to manage; therefore I have created in cells H12 - T29 a summary table (the questions are subdivided into 13 sections) which records the % of 1s 2s 3s 4s 5s that have been entered in each section and it may be that it will be easier (I'm guessing) to record the percentages that have been entered in a separate worksheet - but will i be able to go back in and see individual question answers?

I appreciate that this is may be very confusing but hopefully the solution isn't. I have uploaded a screenshot which will hopefully explain the above to Imageshack - the direct link is**** http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4483/audit.jpg **** if you would be so kind to look at it - it is genuine!

I'm sure I will have more questions but any help in this would be great! and I will be extremely grateful!!

Any suggestions or improvements to my idea would also be gratefully received

Thanks

MC

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
bump!

Even if it is to tell me if what i want to achieve is possible or not!!!!

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi
It is not clear to me where you need help except where you say "will i be able to go back in and see individual question answers"
ravi

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply I will try and be clearer

I want staff for arguments sake 100 people to acces the file on the shared area of the school network - they will all access this file, lookign at my screenshot in the original post I want then to select their name in C2 and then complete the audit, as they complete the audit or select their name I want their scores to be copied into another worksheet which will automatically opened so that when another teacher accesses the file and selects their name the same will happen and eventually I will have lots of worksheets with all their entries on.

In addition on a separate sheet I want to be able to again store the teachers name and record a summary of their entries, the questions are in 13 different sections and I want to record a % summary of the number of 1s 2s 3s 4s 5s that they have entered so I can identify their strengths and weaknesses.

I hope this is clearer!

In essence I want staff to access file, select name, complete audit and on a separate record a summary of their scores and then on additional worksheets store/record a copy of their completed audits.

Again thanks again for taking the time to read my post and any help would be great!

MC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back