Copying to Next Empty Row and Renaming the Data

USFengBULLS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All;
I have a log that users will be adjusting data based off statuses of Drawings. Starting at A11, B11 & C11: Column A is DRW NO., Column B is DRW Description and Column C is Location/Rm.
Over in Column L is the status column where the user will select from drop down list. I have this code working for when that status changes to call certain Macros
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L:L")) Is Nothing Then
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
Select Case Target.Value
Case "APPROVED - FV Req.": Call APPROVED(Target.Row)
Case "APPROVED - NO FV Req.": Call APPROVED(Target.Row)
Case "REVISED/AND RESUBMIT": Call REVISED(Target.Row)
End Select
End If
End Sub

I have this macro for the REVISED part but is not copying the contents in column A, B & C and placing it in the next blank row on the sheet. Anyone know why?
Public Sub REVISED(tRow As Double)

Dim erow As Double
erow = Sheets("DRAWING SCHEDULE").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
Range(Cells(tRow, 1), Cells(tRow, 3)).Copy Sheets("DRAWING SCHDULE").Cells(erow, 1)

End Sub

Also, I need this same macro to rename the contents in C that was copied down with just REV 1 or REV 2 based on how many times this location has been revised.
For instance if LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 gets changed to the status of Revised/And Resubmit it will get copied down to the next blank cell (along with the contents of column A and B next to it)Then, Get REV 1 at the end like this LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 REV 1. If the that one now has to get revised again it copies it down to the next blank row and gets named LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 REV 2 because there is one already before it. I do not know how to have VBA look in that C column to find if there are any that exist before and just REV + 1 and rename it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I Figured out the copy part, Just was missing the E in my sheet Name.
But if anyone could please help in this second part on renaming it with REV at the end and incrementing it by 1 each time, LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 REV 1, LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 REV 2, LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 126 REV 3
Would be a huge help, Thanks.

Upvote 0
In your code:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Range(Cells(tRow, 1), Cells(tRow, 3)).Copy Sheets("[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]DRAWING SCHDULE[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]").Cells(erow, 1)[/COLOR]

Say: "SCHDULE"

should say: "SCHEDULE"

Try this:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L:L")) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
        Select Case Target.Value
            Case "APPROVED - FV Req.": Call APPROVED(Target.Row)
            Case "APPROVED - NO FV Req.": Call APPROVED(Target.Row)
            Case "REVISED/AND RESUBMIT": Call REVISED(Target.Row)
            Case Else
                MsgBox "Text no match"
        End Select
    End If
End Sub

Code:

Dim erow As Double
    erow = Sheets("DRAWING SCHEDULE").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
    Range(Cells(tRow, 1), Cells(tRow, 3)).Copy Sheets("DRAWING SCHEDULE").Cells(erow, 1)

End Sub

Upvote 0
Yes, I fixed the copy part. It is working fine now. My question is the renaming part to add REV 1 or REV 2 on that same item that was just copied in C column. It need to increment by 1 each time.
So if the item that was just copied in Column C was LEVEL 1/AREA A/ RM 124 When it is Copied down it need to now be renamed to LEVEL 1/AREA A/ RM 124 REV 1 and if that one gets revised it needs to get copied down and renamed to LEVEL 1/AREA A/ RM 124 REV 2 and so on.

Upvote 0
Okay I got much closer now. Only Issue is that it keeps putting another REV 1 at the end. For instance Level1/ Area A/ RM 124 REV 1, then when I run it again it goes to Level1/ Area A/ RM 124 REV 1 REV 1
It keeps adding the REV 1 each time instead of Rev 1 then replacing REV 1 to REV 2 the second time.

Here is the revised Code:

Dim erow As Double
Dim Dn As Range
Dim Rng As Range

'Copy Cells down to next Blank Row
Range(Cells(tRow, 1), Cells(tRow, 3)).Copy Sheets("DRAWING SCHEDULE").Cells(erow, 1)

'Renames deplicate to REV #
Set Rng = Range(Range("C11"), Range("c" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
With CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
For Each Dn In Rng
If Not .Exists(Dn.Value) Then
.Add Dn.Value, 0
Else
If .Item(Dn.Value) = 0 Then
.Item(Dn.Value) = .Item(Dn.Value) + 1
Dn.Value = Dn.Value & " REV 1"
End If
End If
Next Dn
End With

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back