Correlation

cgendron

Board Regular
So I have two columns of numbers, about 20 in column a and 20 in column b. Their correlation is .06 so very weak almost no relationship. Does anyone know a formula saying as my numbers in column A increase, what percent chance do I have that the numbers in column B increase? I know it would be an extremely low percentage.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I don't know of any formulas, however, if the correlation is very low, I would suspect the probability of it moving in the same direction would trend towards 50% (not 0%). Basically the same as flipping a coin.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Im trying to see if the length of a biopsy determines the cancer positivity rate among a group of physicians. With my correlation of .06, basically there is no relationship with the data i'm using, so its saying, if the length gets longer there is almost no relationship that the positivity rate will increase. I was hoping I could find something that would use this correlation and say there is less than 1% chance(example) that the positivity would increase with the length increasing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back