Corrupt File Recovery Log Error

SKKS1976

My excel file that I work on everyday (and copy and rename everyday and also backup to the BOX app online) gets corrupts every so often. Today it happened again. Perhaps someone here can me trace the error. I've attached the text that comes up when I say Yes when Excel asks if I want to recover the file. The file name with the that contains the information below is called "error145840_01.xml"

By the way, I DO NOT use the recovered file as I do not trust it. I use the recovery tool to see if I can discover more information. One thing I think may help that the error is in Sheet40 ? Also, I cannot find the file named "sheet40.xml" on my hard drive. I did a search and it comes up with nothing and I am even searching using MS file explorer including hidden files.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error145840_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\Susan\1SusDocs\1Koch\Corrupt\colorants-cpa-v307.xlsx'</summary><repairedRecords><repairedRecord>Repaired Records: View from /xl/worksheets/sheet40.xml part</repairedRecord></repairedRecords></recoveryLog>

Hi,

My excel workbook got corrupted, today. When I open the file. Excel asks if I want to recover the file.

I clicked on 'Yes", after which excel opens the file, seemingly after repair

I clicked on "View" - below is the repair result.

The Error shown as problem in "Table12", there was no "Table12" in my workbook. So seems like it was referring to "Sheet12" in the Workbook

When checking "Sheet12" - There was a Table - who header file was corrupted in the following Manner.

The original content of the Table Header was as below

Prices.Mfr. Part Number
Number
Description

There was a macro which I had written to "index" the sheets in the workbook, this macro was inserting a reference to the first column of the Table Header in "Sheet12", as below,

Number
Description

Since the table header in "Sheet12" was replaced by a reference. The Excel file was seen as corrupted.

After I corrected, the Table Header, the corruption error never showed-up

Best Regards,
Daniel Marian

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back