Count conditonally formatted cells

prashant_a_9

Hi I have used conditional formatting in my sheet to highlight error in formats(I have used red color), now i want to count the # of reds.

The conditional formatting fill is not like the normal fill hence I am facing an issue to count it. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Prashant

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi I have used conditional formatting in my sheet to highlight error in formats(I have used red color), now i want to count the # of reds.

The conditional formatting fill is not like the normal fill hence I am facing an issue to count it. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Prashant
Where are these cells located and what is the conditional formatting rule that is applied to them?

Upvote 0
I have used rules like is it a number(Isnumber), (OR(A1="X",A1="Y") = FALSE) to put conditional formats.

Basically I had data validations in my sheet but user can copy data into my sheet and data validations goes of once you copy data, so I thought I will use conditional format to higlight format errors.

Upvote 0
I have used rules like is it a number(Isnumber), (OR(A1="X",A1="Y") = FALSE) to put conditional formats.

Basically I had data validations in my sheet but user can copy data into my sheet and data validations goes of once you copy data, so I thought I will use conditional format to higlight format errors.
Do you mean that some of the cells contain formula errors like #N/A, #NUM!, #VALUE! and you want to count the cells with the errors?

Upvote 0
T Valko - Not exactly errors line #NA etc but I want to highlight things like if someone has copied a text in a coloumn meant for a numeric value or lets say there is column which can have only two levels yes and no and users copied some other text to it.

Grizz -I cannot protect sheet to stop users from copying since it is a requirement of the tool to allow user to copy data

Upvote 0
T Valko - Not exactly errors line #NA etc but I want to highlight things like if someone has copied a text in a coloumn meant for a numeric value or lets say there is column which can have only two levels yes and no and users copied some other text to it.
Ok, this will count all the text values in the referenced range:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(A2:A10)))

This will count entries that are not "Yes" or "No":

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10<>""),--ISNA(MATCH(A2:A10,{"yes","no"},0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back