Count Feature with dates **HELP**

lsreleford

Hi All - I'm wondering if there is some type of formula that will count the dates in a column and spit some numbers out. For instance, I have multiple dates in column A rows 1 - 100. I would like the total number of Oct dates in B1, Sept in B2 and the total number of Nov dates in B3. How can I make this happen?

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi All - I'm wondering if there is some type of formula that will count the dates in a column and spit some numbers out. For instance, I have multiple dates in column A rows 1 - 100. I would like the total number of Oct dates in B1, Sept in B2 and the total number of Nov dates in B3. How can I make this happen?
Try these...

For Oct dates in B1:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=10))

For Sept dates in B2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=9))

For Nov dates in B3

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=11))

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew, that worked. Now, I need it to count (without filtering) how many cells have a date in it period. There are cells between A1 and A100 that have a dash (-) when there is no date, but I need to know how many cells have a date period.

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew, that worked. Now, I need it to count (without filtering) how many cells have a date in it period. There are cells between A1 and A100 that have a dash (-) when there is no date, but I need to know how many cells have a date period.
Try this...

=COUNT(A1:A100)

Upvote 0
Oh no T. Valko......my 2nd question is seperate. I'm just using A1 - A100 as examples.

When I use the COUNT(A1:A100) formula, it still counts the cells with a dash. I want it to only give me a count of the number of cells with a date in it.

Upvote 0
Oh no T. Valko......my 2nd question is seperate. I'm just using A1 - A100 as examples.

When I use the COUNT(A1:A100) formula, it still counts the cells with a dash. I want it to only give me a count of the number of cells with a date in it.
The dash must be a formatting display for 0. The COUNT function will not count literal dashes.

Maybe this...

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,">0")

Upvote 0

Control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down...
Rich (BB code):
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER($A$1:$A$100),
  IF($A$1:$A$100-DAY($A$1)+1=DATE(2012,10+ROWS($B$1:B1)-1,1),1)),1)

Is this what you intended?

Upvote 0
So I'm using =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A1:A100,"mmm")="Nov")) to calculate how many cells in a the column have a November date. The problem is, how do I account for the year? The column includes multiple years. I tried "Nov2012" but that didn't work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back