Count field not counting properly?!?

lakes_it_guy

Hello mates,
heres an image of my problem:
http://tinypic.com/r/3162f81/5

Im trying to get the count of three fields, but unfortunately it keeps repeating the data when it should just be giving me one total amount number per field. HElP! Thanks in advance.

I work for a private gated community and Im the only i.t. guy on location. The other I.T. guy usually vpn's into our network if he has work. But I have a question mate, Im trying to get a Totals Column for my query. But I cant seem to get one number that is my sum of Usage field. Any pointers?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
But I have a question mate, Im trying to get a Totals Column for my query. But I cant seem to get one number that is my sum of Usage field. Any pointers?
Were you able to find the Totals icon (that looks like a Sigma) and click that to add your Totals row?<!-- / message -->

If so, and you still cannot get what you want, can you explain in a little more detail, and/or post some screen prints so I can seewhat you are working with in this instance, and what you are trying to get?

Upvote 0
You cannot do it in the same query. Queries are not like Excel spreadsheets where you can have totals at the bottom. You will need to have an additional Totals Query where you follow the same logic, but get rid of the Usage and CountOfUsage fields so that you are just grouping on the sor1 and eor1000 fields.

To get an Excel-type look, you could have to a Report where you have a calculated field summing up the values up in a Footer section.

Upvote 0
Hey mate,
im doing a columnar report, right now I have one query in the report,"Gallons_Used", and im trying to get another query field into the report but have no clue how to do that? Please heeeeelp

Upvote 0
Take a look at Subreports in Access help.

Basically, you create multiple sub-reports from each query that you have. Then you have a main Report in which you place each of these subreports on it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back