Count formula help

kasmith1017

Hi All,

There's probably an easy solution to this, but I am stumped because I've never had to think in this way so what I've come up with isn't calculating properly. When calculating commissions, my company has what is called pooled commissions. The way these work are as follows:
1. For each new client that signs on, we put $70 into a pool that is split amongst the team.
2. If an existing customer renews for a full year, we put $150 into a pool that is split amongst the team.

The second scenario is new. So previously I only had the first scenario and as a result created the first formula and it worked like a dream. However, customers only qualify as either a new signing eligible to have a pooled amount of $70, or a renewal that is eligible to get $150 for the pooled amount. I can't figure out a formula that would give me $290 total and not $360. Help!

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
We have to see what your data looks like to be able to give you a formula. How can you see when a new client signs on? How can you see if a customer renews?

Upvote 0
We have to see what your data looks like to be able to give you a formula. How can you see when a new client signs on? How can you see if a customer renews?
Yes, I accidentally hit "Ctrl Enter" and the post just went without a picture. I've edited now to add that in if you can refresh?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back