Count Ifs value within a range

Hemibuk

Hi All,

I've searched similar posts but I could not find what I'm looking for (if it's out there shame on me). I have two columns of values and a range/tolerance +/-. I need to know if:

1) The values are in the tolerance
2) If they exceed the tolerance what is the value

I've been tackled this with the countif but with no success.

If you guys can help me out, it will be appreciated!
Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

WarPigl3t

You should provide a dataset. I'm not too sure what you are asking. You have 2 columns with data. Column A and column B. A value in the A column is a number? A value in the B column is a number? If a value in a cell of the A column is not between the two tolerance amounts, then what is suppose to happen? What about if the value of the cell in the B column is outside of the two tolerance amounts, what is suppose to happen? What are the tolerance amounts? Are the tolerance amounts static or dynamic? Are the tolerance amounts located in a specific cell or are you going to hard code them into the formula? Where do you want the results to show up, column C?

Too many unanswered questions. Please provide a dataset.

Hemibuk

Can you provide some sample data

Sure.

In column A I have the low end of the range, let's say 2.212

In column B I have the high end of the range, let's say 3.881

In column C I have the tolerance, let's say -/+ 1.5

In this case, the formula should help me to identify if the values provided in column A and B are within the range, and if not X number for which they are in defect or excess (under or above the range).

Thanks a lot

<colgroup><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Special-K99

ADVERTISEMENT

=IF(ABS(B1-A1)<=C1,"Within range","outside range")

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicky736

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...