Count of Multiple Columns via Pivot

tommyclearyuk

Hi All

Hope you're all well.

I need a bit of help.

I have a data set where I have a list of Servers (multiple values) in Row Labels, and a list of Violations Types (x4) in the Column Labels,in addition there is a username Column and a Platform Column.

I need a report preferably via a Pivot Table that will perform a count of all Violations for each host.

However, each host can have multiple Violations so this needs to reflected in the report.

The Column Names for the Violations are named as follows:

CyberArk Violation (Values within the Column are either 'CyberArk Violation' or 'N.'
Position Type Violation (Values within the Column are either 'Position Type Violation' or 'N.'
No User Info Violation (Values within the Column are either 'No User Info Violation' or 'N.'
Request Violation (Values within the Column are either 'Request Violation' or 'N.'

N = No Violation - I'm not concerned about these so do not require them to be present in the report.

So ideally I require similar to the following format including the count:

Col A, Col B, Col C, Col D, Col E, Col F
Server Name, CyberArk Violation, Position Type Violation, No User Info Violation, Request Violation, Totals

In addition, if possible, is there a way I could break this down further in a presentable way, there is another Column which confirms the Platform i.e. Windows, Unix, SQL, Oracle, can this be included in a separate report i.e. the same report but embed the Violations Types within the 4 different Platforms so the audience can see for instance, a count of CyberbArk Violations by Platform without using a slicer ideally?

Finally, there is another field named username, I require a distinct count to be applied so that I can confirm the number of unique users in the Pivot - I assume I just apply this via the field settings distinct option on the Username field in Values section of the Pivot Table dialogue?????

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hello,

Instead of using words like 'CyberArk Violation' or 'N' I would use 1 or 0 that way you can show the sum in the pivot table. Then you can add a Grand Totals field, by adding all the types of violations together. This will give you the distinct count that you need per person. I am not aware of how to make sub columns for each violation in the pivot table. It would be great to find a solution for this! I usually make the table how I want it to look then use multiple pivot tables to get the date I need. Time consuming...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back