Count specific number of days across months and years

spacebassett

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I can see something similar has been answered before here - How to count unique days in 2 different columns that are within an specific month?.

I've already built multiple spreadsheets however with the following formula though, so hesitant to change it completely unless there's no other option.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(ROW(INDIRECT($F15 & ":" & IF($G15="",TODAY(),$G15))))=MONTH(Q$1))

My query is that this has been working fine, except for when it goes over multiple years - is there an easy way of including the year in this calc? For example, this formula will give me the same reponse for days in Jun-20 as it does for Jun-21, because it doesn't seem to be taking the year into account when looking at the two dates.

Hope I'm making sense! Appreciate I may need to ditch this entirely and get my head around the above thread, but thought it was worth asking, in case I could just change the "MONTH" reference to "MONTH-YEAR" or something easy like that :)

Thanks in advance for access to your brains! I get a headache just reading the solution threads...
Christine

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Maybe use the DateDif function

Upvote 0
If I understand your question correctly, you can count specific days across years, as in example here. Day number to count, in C3.

Mappe1
ABCD
2Weekday to count:3
4Dates:15-12-201929-12-2021
6Weekdays:107
Ark1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C6C6=SUMPRODUCT((WEEKDAY(C4+ROW(A1:INDEX(A1:A10000,D4-C4+1))-1)=C2)*1)

Upvote 0
Hi there, sorry, I've not explained myself well.

I have a list of from and two dates in my rows, and months across the columns

eg.
15/7/2020

Upvote 0
Apologies, let's try again!

I have dates from multiple years, and the formulae I have found so far that says how many days in that month fall between the from & to dates, only seem "month" related. So if the data (like below) has different years, the formula is only looking up how many days in a month and pulling through the incorrect data.

Per below, this is what I would expect it to return, but my current formula would show 2 days for both rows, as it's only looking up number of days in July, regardless of the year.

Thanks so much, I can't seem to find anything that is suitable yet. I just re-read the link I posted, but it was for something a little different, so won't work either.

Have a great day
Christine

FromTo
1/07/2021​
1/08/2021​
15/07/2020​
16/07/2020​
0​
0​
15/07/2021​
16/07/2021​
2​
0​

Upvote 0
Hooray, I just found a solution to this. I thought I had searched all of them but it's all in the wording, isn't it.

Yay thanks brains trust!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back