Count the duplicate values in excel, but only the duplicates and the amount of duplicates values

Strann0

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get some values in some documents I have

What I need to do is, get the amount of duplicate values that are in a column, for example
Captura1.PNG

In this table I need to do this calculation

All the repeated values in the Column "L" are basically a single Item, but due to format reasons they need to repeat the row and add some extra info to that row, but I'm not taking that into account

So we can say that the repeated values in column A are a single item, but are a different kind of item due to modifications, so this we call them as ITEMS TYPE A

The Items that have unique values are also items but without any modifications so the don't repeat but we call this items ITEMS TYPE B

So here what I need to do is get the amount of ITEMS TYPE A that are in the column, only the type A just by looking at the image there are 12 items TYPE A in the image

I also need to get the amount of TYPE B items, again just by looking at the image there are 10 items TYPE B

I also need to get the total number of items there are in general so TYPE B and TYPE A,

I have tried a bunch of formulas that i found online, but I think these only count the total amount of duplicate values in the column, so intead of giving me 12 TYPE A items it gives me 28 which is the amount of duplicated cells.
For the type B items I haven't tried it

But the count of Type A and B items I tried using this formula but it wont work properly, it gives me 10 instead of 11, not sure if it is for the blank spaces or due to the background color
Captura2.PNG

I'm really desperate to get this i have tried a lot of formulas, but those simply won't get me the data I actually need. I also need to kida sort the colored cells, because the grey cells are "cancelled" and the white ones are "active" so later I'm gonna need to get the amount of "cancelled" and and "Active" items, so here the problem is not just sort them by color but sort them by color and also get the distinct values in those colors.

I have tried a lot of formulas but all of them simply won't work the way i need them too I don't know if the black spaces or if the color background is what is messing things up.

I would really appreciate some help

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back