Count the Number of Changes to a Cell containing a Formula.

Matt28TX

I am trying to track the the total number of changes that occurs in a cell that contains a formula. The cell uses the formula COUNTIF(E$5:E$1356, "Incomplete"). to track the number of 'Incomplete" items there are, so this number with increase and decrease with the change of the status. I am needing to track the total number of "Incomplete that has ever occurred. For instance if i have 100 items, and 15 of them are incomplete one day, them 5 of those item are completed, but 17 more new items are incomplete, the total tally should be 32. The total count should never decrease.

I have several places on the same sheet that i need this same function to occur. I have used the code below, how ever i can not get it to work with cells the contain a formula.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Address(False, False) = "C2" Then Range("B2").Value = Range("B2").Value + 1 End Sub</pre>

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hello,

It seems that you're new here.

Can you please use
Code:
 tags when you paste code on the forum?
Code tags format the code making it easier to read and hence follow the logic of the code.

You can use [CODE] tags in this way: 

Add the word [color=blue][b][PLAIN][code=rich][/PLAIN][/B][/color] before the first line of code, and
add the word [color=blue][b][PLAIN]
[/PLAIN][/B][/color] after the last line of code.

Or: you could use the "#" icon when changing / composing a message in the Advanced editing screen.

Thanks for your consideration.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back