Count unique, non-hidden cells only

cview

I have a column with names of products, some of which appear multiple times. As I apply filters in other columns to my data, I want to be able to count the number of unique, non-hidden names that remain with a formula. Is there any way to do this so that the number of unique non-hidden names updates itself each time I change the filter settings?

Thank you! I'm a first-time poster, though I've used existing threads in the past for help. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Gary's Student

Say we have data in column A from A2 thru A100 and the data is filtered. To count the visible uniques in column A, use:
Code:
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A100,ROW(A2:A100)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH("~"&A2:A100,A2:A100&"",0)),ROW(A2:A100)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1))
This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just the ENTER key

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankur Teotia

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...