Count Unique Values with Multiple Criteria Over Ranges

QBERT

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
I am trying to count unique values over a large range of data with multiple criteria but keep having to resort to manually counting as I cannot get the formula to work. I am going to post a picture of my table with the correct answers and then show the formula I am trying. Thanks.

For the Formula Try cell I typed the following:

=COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER('player_predictive - 1.28.2022'!$A$2:$A$76771,('player_predictive - 1.28.2022'!$AE$2:$AE$76771<=170)*('player_predictive - 1.28.2022'!$D$2:$D$76771="WR"))))

Player Predictive: is the name of my main data matrix
Column A: Contains player IDs, some repeat per incident; hence the need to count unique player IDS within an age and weight range
Column AE: Weights of players
Column D: Positions of Players entered in as Text in two and three letter WR, LB, OLB, etc.

The above formula returns 1 which counta does when there is not an answer. When I pull a pivot table and count manually I know the right answer is 21. Once I solve this I will then have to do the same over the range of weights (i.e. for players that weigh greater than 171 and or <= 180, etc.) I am looking to construct a formula that covers my entire table as I have many more table to make. Thanks.

Q

Attachments

• Excel Help 1.png
    Excel Help 1.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Can you post some sample data.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back