Count working days between two Dates

Tanveer Rafique

Hi Mr Excel,

Good afternoon!

First of all i would like to thank you for your uploaded video on you tube.i have learnt a lot having watched them.
i was know nothing about excel,but your videos lot helped me to understand excel from basic to advance level.
i was normal labor in company of Alshaya in Kuwait,but having watched your uploaded excel videos and tricks those really helped me.Now i have become Administrator in that company and i am working in reporting TM, still i am following your new videos and try to learn new things.

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hey,

Welcome to the forums!

I would use the NETWORKDAYS.INTL function for this.
First input is the start date, second input is the end date, third input is the weekend days (Excel will prompt you for this) and the fourth input are any holidays (e.g. bank holidays etc)
To use the 4th parameter, it would be best to pre-define any holiday dates in some cells and reference those in the function.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your quick replied!

i have done this its work, but challenge is when we don't have second date mean closing date in that case even i have tried use today function in order to get No of days but showing error.

So,here i want that days should be count even there is no closing date and that also excluded Fri & holidays.

Is there any way?

Your quick response will be Appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hey,

Using Today as the End date should still work, remember that you need opening and closing parenthesis after calling TODAY, so you would call it as TODAY().

As the End Date is required this function will error if you do not include some end date, the best you can do is use TODAY if you do not have a specific end date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back