CountA / Getpivot data

Karen Martek

Hi,

I have a report generated by Jet which is forming the dynamic basis for some logistics KPI's. I'm 90% done but have one least measurement that sounds simple but has me stumped.

The source data in the report has one line per item shipped, so a single shipment reference could have multiple lines on the source data and one of the fields shows if the line was hazardous or not with a TRUE/FALSE value. For the detailed KPI's this works great I can show how many haz and how many non haz lines were on each shipment per shipper per day

My problem is on the overview data - I want to know how many shipments per shipper were hazardous each day not the number of haz lines. So they may have shipped 10 haz lines but only across 7 orders. I currently have the data pivoted to show shippers as columns (only2-3), then dates and order numbers as row labels. the values are the haz lines (filtered to only show data with a value in this field). My issue is I cant use a count function in the pivot table as its counting the source data not the number of rows with a value in the pivot table.

so a bit like this:

Row labels AHALL PREEVES
03/04/18 5 3
60446 3
62804 2
62804 3

Against the date in the above example I want it to show 2 in the bold sub total for AHALL and 1 for PREEVES.

I did try a solution in the source data to return unique values based on 4 fields to then pivot - but the formula wasn't supported within the jet functions.

any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back