Countblank and If statements

Geesman

=IF(ISBLANK(Q22),"FAIL",COUNTif(C27:Q27)"=>"&$Q$22),IF(COUNTIF(C27:Q27,">"&$O$18),"FAIL","PASS")

I think I got myself twisted up here. The idea is to replace one of the Pass/Fail columns on the right with a code that leaves the portion IF(COUNTIF(C27:Q27, ">"&$O$18), "FAIL", "PASS") intact while adding an additional statement that if the required number of cycles has not been met, then the test fails.

I'd like the make the required cycles mandatory by failing the test if not filled, and I'd like to see if the number of cells filled in does not meet the required cycles, then it fails. THEN, if those conditions are met, we go to the statement above to score the test.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
=IF(OR(Q22="",COUNTA(C27:Q27)<$Q$22),"FAIL",IF(COUNTIF(C27:Q27,">"&$O$18),"FAIL","PASS"))

Upvote 0
Good morning,

Thank you for the tip. I tried that and a couple variations and I'm just getting a fail regardless of whether it fulfills or not.

This is the variation I'm working on now.

=IF(OR(Q22<>"",COUNTBLANK(C27:Q27)>$Q$22),"FAIL",IF(COUNTIF(C27:Q27,">"&$O$18),"FAIL","PASS"))

I'm going to share a link from Google Drive. The formula in Column T is the main that I'm working on which has this code, the one in Column U is just testing a the countblank formula.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNEfynkAS7i9CQDhcjZ8RXA7IGkchxQUYhob7-BpRNo/edit?usp=sharing

Upvote 0
That file is locked, you need to mark it for sharing & then post the link you are given.

Upvote 0
That is the same link as before & it's still asking me to sign in.

Upvote 0
Ok, the formula I supplied in post#2 works, BUT both Q22 & O18 are text values not numbers. You need to change them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back