COUNTBLANK formula

TC123

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could possibly help me? In Column C of my spreadsheet I need to count all of the blank cells and then times them by 2. This is fine and it worked with the formula =(COUNTBLANK(C425:C452)*2.
However, I now have hidden some rows (I cannot delete these rows as I may need to bring them back at some point). When I apply this formula it is still counting in the hidden rows. Can somebody please tell me how I would get this formula to just count the unhidden rows (i.e C425:C430,C437:C439,C446:C448, C450:C452).
Thank you

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Can you use the same criteria that you use to choose whether to hide a row or not?

Ie. If you're hiding all rows with "Paid" in Col A (for example), you can then count all the ones that aren't Paid and have a blank in col C.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply but not really. The spreadsheet is a number of questions for an audit and the questions I have hidden are ones they are not using for this month. So the questions I've hidden are all different with nothing in commom unfortunately

Upvote 0
If you're hiding them individually, manually, you could create a column and just put an x in all the ones you want to hide, then hide those with an x.

Then you can count the ones that don't have an x and are blank in col C.

I think the only alternative is to use VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back