CountIf by month

Citrusandsage

Office Version
  1. 365
I have a spread sheet that has billing data from December 2020 through April 2021 by customer account number (starting in column C Row 6) the customer account number is duplicated based on the billing for each product sku. I need a unique customer count but I need it by month. I am currently using =IF(COUNTIF((C$6:C6,C6)=1),1,0) which works for count however is there any way I can add an additional criteria that only puts a 1 for the first instance of the account number by month.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Assuming dates in column B, try
Excel Formula:
=--(COUNTIFS(C$6:C6,C6,B$6:B6,">"&EOMONTH(B6,-1),B$6:B6,"<="&EOMONTH(B6,0))=1)

Upvote 0
Assuming dates in column B, try
Excel Formula:
=--(COUNTIFS(C$6:C6,C6,B$6:B6,">"&EOMONTH(B6,-1),B$6:B6,"<="&EOMONTH(B6,0))=1)
I was so hopeful hahaha I keep getting a false I have date columns and also month column tried both got FALSE

Upvote 0
I was so hopeful hahaha I keep getting a false I have date columns and also month column tried both got FALSE
Also to note the dates are not by days it’s always 12/1/2020, 1/1/2020 and so on it’s more of a period and day is always 1 not sure that will effect the formula

Upvote 0
I keep getting a false I have date columns and also month column tried both got FALSE
There is no way that the formula will show FALSE unless you have deleted some of the parenthesis or added things to the formula.
it’s always 12/1/2020, 1/1/2020 and so on it’s more of a period and day is always 1 not sure that will effect the formula
That makes it easier, a big chunk of the formula is for checking the whole month.
Excel Formula:
=--(COUNTIFS(C$6:C6,C6,B$6:B6,B6)=1)

Upvote 0
There is no way that the formula will show FALSE unless you have deleted some of the parenthesis or added things to the formula.

That makes it easier, a big chunk of the formula is for checking the whole month.
Excel Formula:
=--(COUNTIFS(C$6:C6,C6,B$6:B6,B6)=1)
Awesome gonna try this tomorrow thank you so much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back